Terms & Conditions
- Please choose carefully as we do not refund if you change your mind.
- We are happy to exchange your goods within 7 days or refund in full due to health concerns accompanied with a doctor’s certificate, proof of purchase and providing the goods are in their original condition & you have the original packaging. Terms and conditions will apply.
- BREO products (except massage chairs which have specific warranty terms and conditions) are warranted to be free of repair from defects in mechanical and electrical problems for one year from the date of purchase. Free gifts are not covered by Warranty.
- In-warranty repair will be carried out subject to warranty validation check by Service Centre Staff.
- The customer may be required to submit a valid Warranty Card / Proof of Purchase for warranty validation.
- When you require a repair, please call or visit your local store with your invoice and/or product. You are welcome to also email us at info@Breo.co.nz. Please provide your invoice, name and product info in an email.
- For chairs to be held on your site subject to our service schedule;
- All other In-Warranties require a return to store;
- There could be a 7-10 working day delay for repairs depending location.
- May require a return to base and cost to be advised to client in advance;
- Will be quoted a repair cost which is to be paid on collection of goods;
- Your repair quote is to be accepted before work is undertaken;
- You will be advised on completion of repair;
- Breo assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the storage and safe-keeping of the product. Failure to collect goods within 30 working days will deem the product unwanted which will result in disposal of goods. Disposal means the goods will be sold to recover costs of repairs. The company reserves the right to act on this without notice.
In Warranties May incur a non-refundable $120 + GST service charge if the service does not fit the manufacturer’s warranty. This charge is also applicable to Out Warranties. The minimum service charge is payable irrespective of whether you decline a repair quote.
- We will update you re the status of your repair.
- The products are accepted for service subject to internal verification. If a product is found to be tempered, misused, components removed, impact damaged or liquid damaged, the repair services of the product will not be covered under warranty. In such a case, the customer will be required to pay for the assessment or repair services.
- The job sheet should be produced and signed if you are collecting your product from our repair centre. No collection/delivery will be made if the job sheet is lost. In the event of losing the job sheet, the customer needs to provide proof of identity to Service Centre staff for product collection.
- Should any of our equipment retain data, including music, pictures, games and other personal information we must advise this may be lost during the repair process. It is highly recommended that you back up any data before leaving your device with us for repair. We are not responsible for the loss of any data or personal information you may suffer as a result of the repair service.
- By accepting quotation for repair, the customer agrees to pay for the repair charges after service is complete. Invoices may be passed to debt collection agencies if unpaid for extended periods of time.
- All work carried out is covered by 90 days warranty from the date of service. Warranty does not cover additional faults which may occur and which are unrelated to the original fault
Please refer to our full terms and conditions contained on our website: which includes further information on costs to repair chair parts out of warranty.
Health Policy/Customer Awareness
Massage products are not medical equipment. If any of the following conditions exist please follow your doctor’s advice or let us know before purchase:
- Osteopenia, or has suffered from osteoporosis.
- Heart disease.
- Wearing of any electronic medical aids
- Pregnancy and/or any other medical condition that may require your doctor’s consultation before purchase
Your name, address, phone number, email address and any other information you provide to us are held in strict confidence. We collect this information to provide the services you request and to understand the way you use the services in order to improve your experience. We do not sell or share your information with anyone else.
Warranty Periods and Special Conditions
- Parts (Options) and Accessories Warranty.
- This part of the Warranty identifies Breo’s preferred approach to resolving warranty claims in relation to parts and accessories.
- The table below this sub-paragraph identifies the periods under which a claim may be made under this Warranty for replacement of a part or accessory. However, you may also have statutory rights outside of these periods. The parts and accessories are divided into those which are supplied within the box of the Breo product for which they are to be used (In-Box), and those which are supplied separately from a Breo product for use with it (Out-Box).
- All Breo parts and accessories purchased together with the Breo product are covered under this Warranty for the period specified in the table below. Generally, Breo will replace the defective part or accessory which is the subject of the claim during this period.
- You will only be able to make a claim under this Warranty for lost or missing Breo parts and accessories if, with your claim, you are able to provide satisfactory evidence that the relevant item was missing from the box or other storage or packaging material originally supplied by Breo.
- Parts and accessories purchased from Authorised Breo Resellers and Distributors are generally covered under this Warranty.
- This section identifies what is excluded under this Warranty.
- For the avoidance of any doubt, any and all warranties or conditions which are not guaranteed under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act (as applicable) and which are not expressly included in this Warranty as additional warranties or conditions are excluded.
- This Warranty does not extend to loss caused by normal wear and tear, fire, water (liquid spillage or ingression, subject to paragraph D below), theft, vermin or insect infestation.
- This Warranty does not cover water damage to the Breo products.
- This Warranty does not cover damage caused by:
- misuse or abusive use of the Breo product, including physical abuse;
- incorrect operation or not following the operation instructions (as stated in the Product Operation Manual or manufacturer’s instructions provided with the Breo product);
- improper installation;
- incorrect or improper maintenance or failure to maintain the Breo product;
- failure to clean or improper cleaning of the product;
- incorrect voltage or non-authorised electrical connections;
- adverse external conditions such as power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, acts of God, acts of terrorism, damage caused by vermin, or any other act or circumstance beyond Breo’s control;
- exposure to excessive heat, moisture or dampness;
- exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions;
- use of non-authorised/non-standard, defective or incompatible parts;
- password setting/ resetting and computer virus;
- repair, modification or other work carried out on the Breo product other than by Authorised Breo Service Personnel; and
- any damage caused by micro sims where the product is not specifically designed to accept them.
- This Warranty does not cover Breo products purchased in an auction.
- If the Breo product you are using has been rented or leased by you the Warranty is voided.
- This Warranty does not cover service costs in replacing and maintaining consumable parts which have ceased working through normal wear and tear.
- To the extent permitted by law, this Warranty does not cover Breo products which, at the time you consider a claim might be made under this Warranty, do not bear the original manufacturer’s factory-applied serial number in its original form (for instance where it or the sticker bearing it has been removed, wiped out, rubbed off, or altered).
- This Warranty does not cover the loss of any data howsoever caused. You shall be responsible for backing up and protecting data against loss, damage or destruction. Please note that the repair of goods may result in loss of data.
- This Warranty does not cover any defects not notified to Breo within the Warranty Period, however, you may also have statutory rights outside of the Warranty Period.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (FOR USE IN A DOMESTIC, AND NOT IN A COMMERCIAL ENVIRONMENT)
The New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act (1993) as well as other laws in the jurisdiction guarantee certain conditions, warranties and undertakings, and give you other legal rights, in relation to the quality and fitness for purpose of Breo consumer products sold in New Zealand.
For products sold in New Zealand, these guarantees cannot be modified nor excluded by any contract, except in those circumstances contemplated by section 43(2) of the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act.
You are entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality. You are also entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure of the goods and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. What constitutes a major failure is an objective test of reasonableness and not necessarily an individual consumer’s point of view.
Nothing in this Warranty purports to modify or exclude the conditions, warranties and undertakings, and other legal rights, under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act and other laws. This Warranty gives you additional protection for your Breo consumer product and identifies a preferred approach to resolving warranty claims which will be quickest and simplest for all parties, subject to the exclusions, terms, and conditions below.
Coverage and Application
- Breo of 4/4 Laurenson Drive, Hobsonville (“Breo”) warrants that your Breo consumer product:
- is of acceptable quality;
- does not have a latent defect.
- For the purpose of this Warranty, a “Breo consumer product” is a hardware product which:
- was manufactured by or on behalf of Breo; and
- is used in a normal domestic environment, not a commercial environment; and
- bears a trademark owned or used by Breo (generally “Breo, BREO, i- or Lifesmart”); and
- was sold by an Authorised Reseller or Distributor of Breo; and
- was purchased in New Zealand, but does not include any hardware or software which is packaged or sold with a Breo consumer product unless that is itself a Breo consumer product.
- The period during which this Warranty is in effect will depend upon the Breo consumer product to which it relates. In all cases, the commencement date for the period is the actual day of purchase, as reflected on the Authorised Reseller’s or Distributor’s invoice/receipt provided to you. The period during which each Breo consumer product which is the subject of this Warranty is covered by this Warranty is identified in product warranty details.
- If you consider that the Breo consumer product which you have purchased is not of acceptable quality, has a latent defect, or is otherwise not compliant with the conditions, warranties, undertakings, and legal rights are given to you under New Zealand Law (for example, it appears faulty, or does not work at all or properly), you can make a claim under this Warranty.
- Except where an International Product Warranty has been provided with your Breo consumer product, warranty service will only be provided in the specific country where the Breo consumer product was originally purchased. For example, if you have purchased the Breo product within New Zealand, warranty service will be limited to New Zealand only.
- If you purchased this product in New Zealand and wish to make a claim under this Warranty, you should:
- When you make any claim under this Warranty it is essential that you provide a copy of your proof of purchase of the Breo consumer product, whether in person, by email or by fax. A claim under this Warranty is not formally made unless and until that proof of purchase is provided. This does not detract from your statutory rights.
- You will not be able to gain the benefit of this Warranty without making a claim.
- If, following receipt of a claim under this Warranty, Breo or its agent determine that your claim in respect of a Breo consumer product is valid (having regard to the terms of each product warranty details), and:
- If the goods can be repaired and the failure to comply with the warranty is not a major failure or a failure of substantial character, Breo or its agent will either repair the Breo consumer product or, if authorised by Breo, pay you for the cost of a repair of the Breo consumer product, or replace the Breo consumer product with the same or similar product or refund you the cost of a replacement, in each case depending upon what is reasonable in the circumstances with regard to Breo’s statutory obligations and at no cost to you.
- Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type with equal or greater functionality rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
The standard Breo warranty periods are set out by product type in each product warranty details, although each claim is assessed on its own merits and you may have statutory rights outside of the Warranty Period. If Breo provides you with either a replacement or refund, you immediately transfer ownership in the original Breo consumer product or part to Breo. If Breo repairs the goods, you immediately transfer ownership in any residual parts to Breo. Any such resolution by Breo of a claim under this Warranty by you does not otherwise detract from any other statutory rights which you might have in the circumstances, including your right to monetary compensation for a valid claim.
- If following receipt of a claim under this Warranty, Breo or its agent determine that your claim in respect of a Breo consumer product is invalid, Breo may charge you for any labour, parts or transport costs incurred by Breo or its agent in assessing your claim.
- This Warranty is not transferable to a new owner or for a product leased or rented.
Carry-In and On-Site repairs
- If you wish to make a claim in relation to a Breo product which you can reasonably transport to the nearest Breo Store to an authorised repair service centre (as directed when you first make the claim under this Warranty), please bring, or send, that Breo product to the nearest Breo Store authorised service centre for assessment, the cost of which will be borne by Breo if your claim is determined to be valid pursuant to this Warranty. Such Breo products do not include those products dealt with in sub-paragraph.
- Whenever possible, the product should be returned in its original carton and packing or alternatively in packing suitable to prevent damage to the product. Breo will not accept responsibility for damage to the product during this transport caused by unsuitable or inadequate packing.
- If you make a claim under this Warranty in relation to a Breo chair product in warranty Breo or its agent will send Authorised Breo Service Personnel to the place where that Breo product is located to assess the warranty claim and, if necessary repair, the product on-site, at Breo’s cost.
- In Warranties May incur a non-refundable $120 + GST service charge if the service does not fit the manufacturer’s warranty. This charge is also applicable to Out Warranties. The minimum service charge is payable irrespective of whether you decline a repair quote.
- If the customer’s product is not covered under warranty, Breo may offer Repaid Services under the customer’s payment. Price Guides are below and are subject to change without notice.
Price List as Below (excl) GST
Arm rest or foot
In addition, if you believe it is not reasonable for you to bring or send a Breo product (other than chair) to a Breo Store or authorised repair service centre, Breo will liaise with you to determine the best way in which to inspect and, if necessary, repair the product the subject of the claim under this Warranty.
If this Breo product is located in a place which is greater than 50 kilometres (by road) from the nearest Breo Store or authorised repair service outlet, Breo will liaise with you to determine the best way in which to inspect and, if necessary, repair the product the subject of the claim under this Warranty.
With any on-site visit, while Breo will make all efforts to fix the Breo product on-site, there may be instances when the product must be taken back to a Breo Store or to an authorised repair service centre for further testing. In these circumstances, you agree to let any designated Authorised Breo Service Personnel pick up and take the product for further testing, at the cost of Breo.
New Zealand exclusion
If you purchased the Breo consumer product in New Zealand for the purposes of a business, it is hereby agreed that the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 do not apply in accordance with section 43(2) of the Consumer Guarantees Act.